1%. Only 1% of Texas lawyers are Board Certified in Civil Trial Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization, a distinction earned by trial experience and a thorough examination process. Leland has been board certified in civil law since 2002. For over thirty years, when the stakes are high and business owners and executives needed counsel they can trust, and the best lawyer in the room, they have turned to Leland. Leland has the experience to represent clients in state and federal courts in Texas and in other states.
Leland’s experience cuts across many different industries, including financial institutions, investment funds, insurance agencies, and intermediaries, oil and gas exploration companies, oil field service companies, manufacturing companies, staffing companies, companies involved in construction, and professionals in a variety of fields. His vast experience includes contract disputes, shareholder and partner fights, breach of fiduciary duty claims, trademark, copyright and patent disputes, real estate disputes, trade secret and covenant not to compete disputes, construction disputes, and probate cases.
Leland has handled many high profile and bet-the-company cases. Leland applies creativity, forceful presentation, and undeterred determination to get his clients the best results possible.
- Trusts & Estates
- Southern Methodist University Law School, J.D., 1984
- Winning Mock Trial Team in Law School competition
- Member, ABA and ATLA national mock trial teams
- Moot Court Instructor
- Student attorney in Civil Clinic
- Southern Methodist University, B.A. and B.B.A., magna cum laude, 1981
- Member, Beta Gamma Sigma (International Business Honor Society, top 10%)
- Texas Supreme Court
- Tennessee Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of International Trade
- U.S. Court of Appeals - Fifth Circuit
- U.S. District Courts - All Districts of Texas and Central District of Illinois