Ed Perrin is a founding partner of Hallett & Perrin, which was established in 1992.
His litigation experience encompasses an extensive range of complex commercial, corporate entity and governance, real estate, D&O and other fiduciary matters, including extraordinary/injunctive relief and class actions, in both federal and state courts, as well as administrative proceedings and arbitration.
A substantial portion of Ed’s practice involves his engagement as both trial and consulting counsel in ERISA and employee benefit disputes, representing fiduciaries, plans, trustees, administrators, participants and sponsoring companies.
Ed fosters an attorney-client relationship where the client knows that they, and their issues, matter. Ed works to find innovative or aggressive ways to resolve litigation as efficiently, effectively and promptly as possible. He keeps clients informed about the latest news or other issues that may affect them or their industry.
Although he is a 5th-generation attorney, he believes that there is more to life than practicing law. Ed has a long involvement in community and civic affairs including: Dallas Arboretum & Botanical Society - Director; Ronald McDonald House of Dallas - Past Director; and Preston Hollow Presbyterian Church - Member & Leadership Positions since 1988.
He and his wife of more than 30 years are parents of two adult children. Ed plays tennis, is a hockey fan, and loves to travel.
- ERISA, Pension & Benefits
- University of Virginia, Bachelor of Arts, Government, with Distinction, 1979
- University of South Carolina, J.D., 1982
- United States Supreme Court
- Fifth and Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals
- U.S. District Courts - All Districts of Texas
- U.S. Central District of California
- Northern District of Oklahoma
- Eastern District of Tennessee
- All Texas Courts
- All South Carolina Courts